1. The promoter of the Competition is REEL Malta Limited ("Promoter", "PokerStars", "we" or "us"), whose registered office is at Spinola Park, Level 2, Triq Mikiel Ang Borg, St Julians SPK 1000, Malta.
2. By entering the Competition, participants ("Entrant(s)") a) agree to be bound by these Special Terms and the general terms and conditions for promotions ("General Terms") that apply to all promotions and competitions organised by the Promoter in connection with the PokerStars.fr website ("Site") and b) confirm that they meet all eligibility requirements for the Competition.
3. The Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with, Instagram or any other social network.
4. Corentin Houssein, the esports player known by the alias Gotaga ("Gotaga"), is not responsible for the operation of the Competition and has no liability to any Entrant in connection with the Competition.
5. The Competition is not in conjunction with or tied to any other competition or promotions that may be running at the same time or other times.
6. There is no entry fee and no purchase is necessary to enter the Competition.
7. Every Entrant is limited to one entry and any additional entries will be disqualified.
Who is eligible?
8. Entrants must meet the eligibility requirements as specified in these Special Terms and the General Terms. Failure to meet the eligibility requirements may result in an entry being invalid and/or forfeiture of any prize.
9. Entrants must be at least 18 years of age, resident in France, and have a verified and validated account on the Site. Proof of identification, age and address may be required at the request of the Promoter and the Promoter reserves the right to conduct any ID and security checks it sees fit to confirm Entrants comply with all eligibility requirements.
10. Entrants must have a valid Instagram account which must not be deactivated, suspended or otherwise prevent us from viewing the account holder’s comments on our posts prior to the random prize draw taking place (as set out in paragraph 14 below).
11. Entrants must follow Gotaga’s Instagram account at www.instagram.com/gotaga/ ("Gotaga Instagram Account") and the PokerStars France Instagram account at www.instagram.com/pokerstarsfrance/ ("PS Instagram Account") prior to posting the Post Comment (as defined below).
12. Entrants must not permit or allow another person to take part in the Competition on their behalf.
How to qualify and how the Competition works
13. To enter the Competition, Entrants must post a comment stating "#eptparis" and tagging a friend ("Post Comment") in the comment section of the post which will be published on the PS Instagram Account at approximately 12:00 (CET) on December 3rd, 2022 with "JEU CONCOURS" stated in the post ("Competition Post"). Entrants may submit a Post Comment between the Competition Post being published and 23:59:59 CET on December 10th, 2022 ("Entry Period"). This is the only entry route to the Competition and entries that do not comply with the provisions of this paragraph will not be eligible. For the avoidance of doubt, any Post Comment submitted after the Entry Period has closed will not be eligible for an entry into the random prize draw.
14. The winner will be randomly selected from the pool of eligible Entrants on December 12th, 2022 via a random prize draw. During the draw, five Entrants will also be selected as runner-ups ("Runner-Ups") who will be deemed to have placed second to sixth in the Competition. A Runner-Up will not be entitled to claim a Prize unless the winner and the Runner-Ups placing ahead of them have failed to claim the Prize.
15. The winner will be contacted via a private message on Instagram once the random prize draw is completed ("Notification").
16. To claim their Prize, the winner must send a reply to the Notification to the PS Instagram Account within 72 (seventy-two) hours after the Notification is sent from the PS Instagram Account ("Reply"). If the Promoter doesn’t receive the Reply within this timeframe the relevant winner may forfeit their Prize. The Promoter may then offer the Prize to the first placed Runner Up in the prize draw which occurred pursuant to paragraph 14 above as a replacement winner (and this process may, at the Promoter’s discretion, be repeated until the Prize is claimed by the winner or Runner-Up).
17. The winner of the Competition will receive one FPS Paris Main Event package, worth €2,600 ("Prize"). The Prize consists of:
18. By accepting the Prize, the winner agrees to be bound by the PokerStars live events terms available at www.pokerstarslive.com/about/tos/.
19. The winners’ companions must be aged 18 or over.
20. The Prize does not include any costs, taxes, fees, expenses and/or arrangements not expressly specified in the prize description. The winner and their companion are solely responsible for, and Promoter will not be liable to reimburse the winner/their companion for, any such additional charges and expenses.
21. It is the responsibility of the winner and their companion to check any requirements for the hotel, event venue and any other supplier providing elements of the Prize. The winner and their companion are bound by, and must comply with, any terms and conditions set out on their event tickets and the rules, regulations, requirements and policies of the hotel, event venue, event promoter and any other supplier connected with the Prize. Promoter is not responsible for any failure of the winner and/or their companion to gain entry or re-entry to the hotel and/or event, or to participate in any element of the Prize, due to any action/inaction on the part of the winner and/or their companion.
22. Promoter has no liability for lost or stolen tickets, vouchers, certificates and/or other documentation connected with the Prize.
23. The winner and their companion must make their own travel arrangements.
24. All elements of the Prize are strictly non-transferable, non-exchangeable and may not be re-sold. No cash or any other alternative is available for any element of the Prize. No alternative dates are available.
25. If any element of the Prize becomes unavailable, or if the winner is unable to use/take part in any element of the Prize, for any reason beyond Promoter’s reasonable control, Promoter is not obliged to offer an alternative prize or any cash alternative or compensation. If the winner is unable to attend FPS Paris Main Event, the entire Prize will be forfeited and offered to another randomly selected Entrant in accordance with paragraph 14 above (and this process will be repeated if necessary), and the winner will be required to refund to Promoter the €240 immediately on demand (if Promoter has paid such amount to the winner in advance).
26. The winner and their companion must not do anything that may bring the Promoter, any of its group companies or its commercial partners into disrepute. Promoter reserves the right to take appropriate action (including the removal of any element of the Prize) if the winner and/or their companion act in a way that Promoter reasonably considers to bring the Promoter, any of its group companies or its commercial partners into disrepute.
27. Promoter is not liable for any loss, theft, damage or injury caused or sustained by the winner/their companion as a result of participating in their Prize (except that Promoter will be liable for death or personal injury arising from Promoter’s negligence or for fraudulent misrepresentation).
28. The Prize may be replaced with a substitute prize of equal or greater value, if circumstances beyond Promoter’s control make it necessary to do so.
What else do Entrants need to know?
29. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify an Entrant and forfeit their Prize where the Promoter has reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these Special Terms and/or the General Terms and/or any terms and conditions relating to participation in the tournaments and/or where an Entrant has gained unfair advantage in participating in the Competition and/or has used fraudulent means in connection with the Competition and/or the tournaments. The Promoter will be the final arbiter in any decisions, which will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into in this respect.
30. If the Promoter wishes to promote the Competition and the Prize winners for PR purposes, it will seek the winner’s consent and the winner may be asked to provide a quote about the win, their name, their town/city of residence and a photograph for publication on the Site and the Promoter’s social channels.
31. The Promoter, its group companies and its agencies and contractors, shall not be liable for any problems or technical malfunction of any computer on-line systems, servers or providers, computer equipment or software, failure of any entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet, Instagram or at any website, including any injury to or resulting from participation or downloading of any materials in the Competition.
32. The Promoter reserves the right to amend, alter or terminate this Competition at any time without notice, including in the event of any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or in any other event outside of the Promoter’s control, and the Promoter shall have the right, at its sole discretion and at any time, to change or modify these Special Terms, and such change shall be effective immediately upon posting them on the Site.
33. To the extent permitted by applicable laws, the Promoter does not accept any liability for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any Entrant as a result of either participating in the Competition or not winning the Prize.
35. The Competition and these Special Terms shall be governed by French law and any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of France.
36. The invalidity, illegality, or unenforceability of the whole or any part of the Special Terms does not affect or impede the continued validity, legality and enforceability of the remainder of the Special Terms.
37. If you have any questions about the Competition, please send us a private message on Instagram.