Zoom Cash Games and Tournaments: More poker, less time!
Zoom poker is the fast-paced cash game and tournament format where your opponents change every hand. This is because you play against a pool of players, instead of fixed opponents on one table.
Here’s how it works:
- Fold, and you’ll immediately be moved to a new hand, at a new table.
- You can fold at any point when you are facing a bet. You can even click ‘Fast Fold’, which allows you to fold before it’s your turn to act.
- Watch the end of a hand play out by holding the CTRL key when you the click the Fold button
- Available across Hold’em and Omaha cash games and tournaments. You can even play for free!
Zoom is available to play now on desktop and mobile. Download the free software if you haven’t already done so, and you’ll be ready to play in minutes.
More on How Zoom Works:
- For cash games, choose your game and stake level in the Zoom lobby, located under the ‘Zoom’ tab. Click ‘Play Now’ to get started.
- You’ll be asked to choose your buy-in amount and, if you click on the ‘More Buy-in Options’ button, the number of tables you would like to play. Zoom is much faster than our regular tables, so we recommend you start with just one. When you get more comfortable, you can join up to four Zoom tables at once.
- When you click OK, you will be randomly seated with a set of players from your chosen game. Your first hand will usually be from the big blind.
- After payment of the big blind, the system will attempt to place you in the same positions as you would play in a regular cash game. As Zoom players are seeking a fast-paced game, the system prioritises seating enough players together for the next hand above maintaining the classic order of positions played for any individual player. This means that if you select ‘Sit Out Next Big Blind’, there is a chance that you will be dealt that big blind early. The chance of this is highest when you are Under The Gun.
- For Zoom tournaments, locate the tourney you want to play under the ‘Tournaments’ tab.
- Regardless of whether you play a Zoom cash game or tourney, if at any time you don’t want to play your hand, and you do not have an option to check, you can use the ‘Fast Fold’ button to fold instantly. If you clicked ‘Fast Fold’, or fold at any other point in the hand, you will instantly be dealt into a new hand, with new opponents. In a Zoom cash game, you are playing as part of a pool of players who have selected to play Zoom in that game and at those stakes. In a Zoom tournament, you are part of the group of players who registered for that event.
- You can choose to stay at the table and watch the end of a hand, even after you fold, by holding the CTRL key when you the click the Fold button. If you use ‘Fast Fold’ however, you will be unable to remain on that table and watch the end of the hand (the ‘Fast Fold’ button is specifically there to move you quickly to another table).
- There are also options available to try different Zoom table animations. You can find these via ‘Settings’ (desktop only).